Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ok, so I'm a retard ...

Sorry, I thought I was outta time ... woops! I can't seem to log onto my email tho, which is annoying ...
... anyway ... so where were we? After 3 days in Sorrento, and now at least 6 shades darker (yes folks, it is possible) Nat and I made out way back up to Rome where we would stay with some more family of mine. This family didn't really speak English either, but on the up side, I had met some of them last year when they visited Australia! Nat's Italian is really good tho after her 2 months in Latina, so we got by ok.
My cousins etc were really great and made us feel very welcome, we also had a quick 1 and a half days to do as much more of Rome as we could. Friday was our main day, with Nat and I exploring the Vatican city etc. We actually go to see the Pope! as we where passing thru la Piazza di San Pietro, just before he was off to see someone important about something important, so we waited for half an hour for our half a minute glimpse of him. The Museo Vaticano was really hot, stuffy and busy, so we saw as much as we could, making our way to the Capello Sistino at the end. It was amazing! We spent the rest of the day relooking at somethings I had already seen so Nat could get photos (or rather, I could take photos of her standing in front of them). It was really good to just get to wander and people watch etc.
Nat left that night for Latina, so I was forced to speak Italian for myself with the fam. I did ok tho. I was actually a bit disappointed that I had to leave the next day, as I reckon another week or so and I'ld be pretty fluent! Oh well. Both my uncles have said I am welcome to stay with them whenever for however long, so I'll keep that in mind ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home